Quality stamping tools are key to a quality metal stamping. This principle is the foundation of AK Stamping's success, and is reflected in every aspect of our tooling operations, all of which are performed in-house.
To design our stamping tools, we utilize the latest CAD software tools to create files that are fed directly to our Wire EDM and CNC machining centers, without operator intervention. After the components are finished, our skilled toolmakers perform the final tooling assembly and fitment. This process, developed at our US HQ, has been fully scaled at our China location as well.
The result? Industry-leading tooling kickoff to completion times, and metal stampings of unmatched quality.
AK Stamping employs 3 different types of tooling processes:
Whether it be stage tools or fully progressive dies, high-carbon steels or brass, AK Stamping offers a variety of metal stamping options for your application. Our Bruderer and Aida presses are capable of handling materials from 0.0025" (0.7mm) up to 0.250" (6.3mm). Some of the alloys that we frequently stamp include:
- Stainless steels (S301, S302, S304, S316)
- Mild steels (G1010)
- High-carbon steels (G1050)
- Brass (C23000, C25000)
- Nickel silver (C75210)
- Titanium (6AI-4V and others)
AK Stamping has the capability to do high-speed stamping at over 1,000 parts per minute, with optional reel-to-reel material handling.
AK Stamping understands that metal stamping is often only a portion of the client's overall needs. To that end, we offer a variety of assembly technologies and other value added services to reduce total costs, including:
- In-die assembly
- Post-stamping robotic assembly
- Welding (resistance, laser, ultrasonic)
- Staking (heat and mechanical)
- Auto Packaging: Tray, Tape & Reel, Bulk
- Auto Assembly for Mylar, TIM, Ferrite, Insulators, labels, etc
- Auto Component Assembly
- Pad printing
- Laser marking
- 100% inspection by vision system
AK Stamping offers a variety of finishing options for your products, including:
- Mechanical deburring, electro-polishing, chemical deburring
- Anodizing, precious metal plating, passivation, powder coating
- Material heat treating, fixture and bulk
- Multi-color pad printing and oline ink jet date coding
- Laser marking