State Of The Art Processes
Quality stamping tools are key to a quality metal stamping. This principle is the foundation of AK Stamping's success, and is reflected in every aspect of its tooling operations, all of which are performed in-house.
To design stamping tools, AKS utilizes the latest CAD software tools to create files that are fed directly to the Wire EDM and CNC machining centers, without operator intervention. After the components are finished, skilled toolmakers perform the final tooling assembly and fitment. This process, developed at AK Stamping's US HQ, has been fully scaled at the China location as well.
The result? Industry-leading tooling kickoff to completion times, and metal stampings of unmatched quality.
In metal stamping, there are 3 primary types of tooling processes:
1. PROTOTYPE TOOLING
2. STAGE TOOLING
3. PROGRESSIVE TOOLING
- 3-5 days typical lead-time using Toggle press toolin
- Soft tools, tool life expectancy - 1K hits
- 3 weeks typical lead-time hydraulic tool sets
- Can build blanking tools or use prefabricated blanks
- Part mods easier to accommodate
- Tool life expectancy - 50K hits
- 7-plate module tool concepts
- Modifications available but fixed to X, Y, Z dimensions
- Approximately 3-4 week lead-time
AK Stamping offers all 3 types of tooling processes, all designed and built in state of the art facilities to exacting specifications..